|Job Title||CCTV Operator|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
To support Synectics Security to ensure that all services applicable to the contract are provided and maintained to the aims of the Company. To assist the CCTV Team Leader to ensure the CCTV Operations undertaken as per agreed process, regulation and legislation
To provide a professional, courteous, accurate and effective public CCTV monitoring service and other services delivered via the Control Room.
- Monitor and review CCTV cameras connected to the Control Centre, ensure that images are recorded for evidential purposes and in the event of any criminal or anti-social behaviour being detected then promptly inform the appropriate emergency services or other agencies in order that action can be taken.
- Ensure that all associated procedures and Codes of Practice are strictly adhered to in order that the integrity of the CCTV Control Centre, the actions of its staff and of any recorded material are not compromised or damaged.
- Maintain and complete concise, detailed and accurate written and computers accounts of all incidents occurring during duty shift and undertake any necessary follow-up actions and liaison with the agencies concerned in order to complete incident records.
- Perform accurately and diligently a range of administrative tasks including recording details of incoming/outgoing telephone, help point and radio calls; maintaining visitors log; dealing with telephone calls; the referencing, storage, filing and maintenance of recorded and oriented materials; booking in/out of recorded materials and master keys.
- Liaise and work closely with the Police in connection with their enquiries into incidents which have/may be recorded on the CCTV equipment by providing the necessary access to information and recorded materials in order to help detect relevant facts.
- Update and maintain computer databases, in connection with the above related subject matter.
- Be available to attend court as a witness, in relation to the above subject matter
- Ensure that the Control Centre facilities are kept in a clean, tidy and safe state.
- Provide support to the Council during emergency planning.
- Record all breakdowns and defects associated with the system.
- Carry out a daily desktop check on all live and networked cameras, record and report all defaults to the appropriate person.
- Maintain a controlled procedure for the management of visitors to the Control Room to obtain evidence; which ensures only authorised persons can enter the control room.
- Maintain incident log books and records used within the control room for recording information and complying with the Code of Conduct and Operating procedures.
- Provide support and response to items that have been alerted by the ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) system to comply with Code of Conduct and Operating procedures.
- Undertake additional services as contracted, including assistance in the production of ID badges, provision of Guided Bus Way support and any other applicable services.
- Undertake any other duties or perform any other such tasks or duties which the person is reasonably expected to or instructed to undertake.
- Work 12-hour shift in a secure control room environment.
- Be vetted in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
Key Personal Attributes
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a wide range of people
- Ability to communicate effectively including over 2-way radio communications
- Highest standard of customer/client care
- Skilled in maintaining accurate records
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work day and night shifts
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous CCTV Monitoring experience of public space surveillance cameras
- Valid CCTV Front Line SIA License
- Good standard of education (GCSE level or equivalent)
- Basic H&S awareness
- Intermediate in Microsoft packages, including Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.