|Job Title||Field Service Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||West Midlands (Home-Based)|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The Service Engineer shall be responsible for the resolution of technical service issues within the region.
The post-holder will have obtained experience in the electronic security industry, specifically CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection systems and possess the abilities to resolve the majority of service/maintenance issues.
The post-holder will also possess the skills to provide system fault diagnosis and for the resolution of technical issues across all clients’ sites, communications – both written and verbal, problem solving, identification of parts/materials and co-ordination with client and site personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all company procedures are adhered to on all projects and compliance with NSI procedures in all relevant areas of activity/projects.
- Ensure that all client specific procedures are adhered to at all times, e.g. site access.
- Respond to allocated calls, resolve and advise Help Desk, complete and return all relevant documentation.
- Participate in Out of Hours on Call Rota
- Carry out PPM’s as allocated, complete and return all relevant documentation.
- Ensure compliance with all H&S requirements on all sites/contracts.
Inform management and Service Help Desk of requirements for Risk Assessments and Method statements.
- Communicate with all parties involved on a regular basis.
- Provide technical advice and assistance, including identification of replacement parts.
- Carry out small works projects as required.
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with regard to contracts and within Synectics Security.
- Ensure all forms are completed correctly and submitted to Service Help Desk upon completion.
- Assist with ensuring that all service contracts passed from projects are acceptable and signed off only where compliant.
- Ensure that all works undertaken are compliant in terms of all legislative and statutory codes of practice.
- Technical fault diagnosis
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Co-ordination with both client and on site personnel
- Security or Engineering Apprenticeship, ONC or equivalent
- 6 years+ industry experience
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.