|Job Title||Site Apprentice Security Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Rampton Hospital, DN22 0PD|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Following long term engagement with our client MITIE at Rampton Hospital, the on-site management team are happy to support Synectics Security in a long term initiative and progress a Site Apprentice Security Engineer to allow for future development of our opportunities with the site.
The foundation stone of the Apprenticeship will be based on a 3 yr approach to attain Standard level 3 – Fire, Emergency & Security Systems Technician ST0189 qualification focusing on security which encompasses CCTV. Training will be on block release (1 week in ever 6-8) at Newark College where they will gain relevant H&S knowledge as well as principles, practices and procedures of the security world. The successful candidate who will be based at the main Hospital when not on training, will engage at all levels and work closely with the existing Synectics Security engineering team to gain both sound practical knowledge and fault finding skills but also, a greater understanding of the Security Industry and site systems. Due to local site access requirements, the successful candidate will need to pass the required vetting requirements and be slightly more mature, who will grow in experience to support Synectics Security in their business commitments on the Trust Estate in the future.
Administrational management support and monitoring will come from both the College and the Synectics Security team based at Nottingham. Manufacturer systems training can be added into the latter period of the Apprenticeship to further enhance the 3yr approach and produce a more qualified engineer. Day-to-day support and control will come through our site engineer Chris Ellis and MITIE Site Security Systems Manager – Steve Scott.
This will be a great opportunity to harness and develop a young persons career into the world of security. While we are opening a small door, the potential with the support of both Synectics Group and MITIE behind us, we are actively influencing a small part of the future.
- To learn and develop engineering skills, including working on sensitive electronic equipment, testing and repair of security equipment.
- Progress through a recognised Security based training apprenticeship program.
- To learn and develop safe working practices.
- To learn and understand a range of site based security systems in order to have the ability to provide support to our customers and employees with product knowledge, understanding, guidance and testing.
- Maintain a high level of personal performance demonstrating a willingness to help colleagues.
- To gain sound knowledge of process documentation and administrational duties.
- Learning the importance of administration, good communication and business processes.
- Learning about tools required for different processes, how to use them correctly and how to keep them in good condition.
- Learning basic understanding of and experience with a range of disciplines: CCTV technology, Access Control, Windows operating systems, use of test equipment and hand tools.
- Proactive to safe requirements and being responsible of their own safety and that of others.
- Responsible for ensuring the company equipment used is kept in good condition and maintained in line with company process.
- Understanding quality of workmanship is reflective to the overall quality of the service provided and the perception given to our customers.
- Adhering to company process.
- Ensuring professionalism when dealing with any customer queries.
- Actively contributing to development of Synectics Security service capability.
Key Personal Attributes
To be considered for the Site Based Apprentice role, you would be required as part of the Synectics Security site based team, to deliver an excellent quality of reactive service and support the needs of the customer.
Below are some examples of the necessary skills required:
- Basic understanding of electrical and IT equipment
- Good time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Work well as part of a team
- Cleanliness and tidiness
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and dynamic attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Openness to instruction, learning and developing new skills
- Analytical thinker with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Pass security vetting requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Basic electrical understanding and good IT knowledge including Microsoft Office and Operating Systems.
- Successful completion of Year 1/2 qualification/s in one of the following areas: Electrical, Electronics or IT would be desirable however not mandatory.
- GCSEs grade C or above in English, Maths, Science and Modern Technology (or equivalents).
- Clean, full car driving license.
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.