|Job Title||VN176 – Service Driver / PPM Engineer (West Midlands)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
This role will deal with daily fault requests and PPM duties for large scale, high end integrated systems from a broad client base and to look after the daily tasks involved in keeping an important site safe and secure. The potential areas of work and the client demands in the East Midlands area will require the successful candidate to obtain a high level of vetting.
The engineering role will require a great deal of flexibility and you will need to demonstrate a ’can do’ attitude and be able to stay away when required. You will become a member of a team of engineers all who work remotely but all can offer guidance and support when required with their strong technical background.
The position is ideal for someone looking for a varied, dynamic role often dealing with large scale systems incorporating new technologies within a demanding customer base. Successful candidate will be expected to work off patch and to spend time away from home.
- Ensure the Service Contract renewal process has started 90 days prior to contract expiry
- Maintain strong communication with our customer throughout the renewal process
- Analyse current contract performance to understand contract cost and profit margin
- Adjust price/discuss adjustment action with NSM to ensure correct margin
- Produce renewal quotations and submit for approval through Prospect manager
- Submit to customer and follow-up until award/loss
- System set up of contracts, customers, sites, equipment
- System set up of billing and charges, SLA’s and KPI’s
- Set up SSA and third party support contracts
- Set up scheduled PPM’s within the contract
- Fully handle both warranty projects handed to service and new Service contracts gained by sales with correct administration and system data entry
- Assist with the sales function within the Service team to raise Repairs quotations both Prospective and Retrospective
- Support Service Managers with Service contract queries
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a reliable, courteous, efficient and effective service.
- Maintain a positive image of the company to the customer at all times, through high standards of dress and customer communications.
- At the completion of each service visit close or update the helpdesk with the call status
- Ensure that any company vehicle provided is maintained in good working order
- Maintain a high level of personal performance demonstrating a willingness to help colleagues.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Adhere to the company’s Management Systems.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Service Manager in delivering a top class service to the client
- Assist with the call out rota.
- To provide day to day care, maintenance and repair of the large scale Analogue and Digital CCTV Systems on public highways, shopping malls, custodial and general areas.
- To provide day to day care, maintenance and repair of the large scale control rooms.
- To provide day to day care, maintenance and repair of the multi site Access Control Systems.
- To be able to support and maintain Perimeter Detection Systems
- To complete a planned preventative maintenance regime.
- Occasional nights away.
- Assist with the call out rota.
- Analytical thinker, with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Confident and able to complete documentation
- Able to multitask and work to tight schedules.
- Good at knowledge sharing
- Keen to develop new skills.
- Good self-discipline skills (organized, reliable, self-starter).
- Flexible approach to working practices and requirements.
- Team player – offers support and knows when to seek help.
- Strong customer and communication skills.
- Good telephone manner that inspires customer confidence
Education / Experience
- Sound knowledge of CCTV, IT and PID Systems on varying scales.
- Sound knowledge of Access Control systems with Site Mustering
- Sound knowledge of DVR systems.
- On site repair capability.
- It is desirable to have knowledge of:
- Cortech GUI
- CEM Access Control
- Video Matrix Systems
- Visimetrics DVR
- Raid Recording
- First line repairs on Gates and Barriers (various)
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.