|Job Title||VN198 – Service Driver / PPM Engineer (South East)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
The Service Driver/PPM Engineer shall be responsible for the performance of Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks and resolution of minor service issues within the region.
The post-holder will have obtained experience in the electronic security industry and possess the abilities to carry out service/maintenance tasks including working at height along with the driving of MEWP’s and Vehicle or Van Mounted Boom access platforms.
- The post-holder will have a dynamic approach to working hours and also possess the skills to provide basic fault diagnosis and identification of technical issues across all clients’ sites, communications – both written and verbal, problem solving, identification of parts/materials and co-ordination with client and site personnel. In return, SSL will look to develop the C1 licence and CPC qualified candidate’s knowledge and capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- SSL Procedures
- Ensure that all company procedures are adhered to on all projects and compliance with NSI procedures in all relevant areas of activity/projects.
- Client Procedures
- Ensure that all client specific procedures are adhered to at all times, e.g. site access.
- Planned Preventive
- Carry out PPM’s as allocated, complete and return all relevant documentation.
- Carry out external camera cleaning visits
- Assist other SSL Engineers and staff as required
- Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with all H&S requirements on all sites/contracts.
- Inform management and Service Help Desk of requirements for Risk Assessments and Method statements.
- Client/Contract Liaison
- Communicate with all parties involved on a regular basis.
- Technical Assistance
- Provide technical assistance including identification of replacement parts.
- Assist with Small Works projects as required.
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with regard to contracts and within SSL.
- Ensure all forms are completed correctly and submitted to Service Help Desk upon completion.
- Codes of Practice
- Ensure that all works undertaken are compliant in terms of all legislative and statutory codes of practice.
- C1 licence
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- co-ordination with both client and on site personnel
- CPC Qualified
- Parts identification
- Basic technical fault diagnosis
- 5 years+ industry experience
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.