|Job Title||VN226 – PPM Engineer (London)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The PPM Engineer shall be responsible for the performance of Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks, on site support and resolution of minor service issues within the region.
The post-holder will have obtained experience in the electronic security industry and possess the abilities to carry out service/maintenance tasks including working at height along with the driving of MEWP’s and Vehicle or Van Mounted Boom access platforms.
The post-holder will have a dynamic approach to working hours and also possess the skills to provide basic fault diagnosis and identification of technical issues across all clients’ sites, communications – both written and verbal, problem solving, identification of parts/materials and co-ordination with client and site personnel. In return, SSL will look to develop the candidate’s knowledge and capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- SSL Procedures
- Ensure that all company procedures are adhered to on all projects and compliance with NSI procedures in all relevant areas of activity/projects.
- Client Procedures
- Ensure that all client specific procedures are adhered to at all times, e.g. site access.
- Planned Preventive
- Carry out PPM’s as allocated, complete and return all relevant documentation.
- Carry out external camera cleaning visits.
- Cover for fixed sites where the primary engineer is not available.
- Assist other SSL Engineers and staff as required.
- Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with all H&S requirements on all sites/contracts.
- Inform management and Service Help Desk of requirements for Risk Assessments and Method statements.
- Client/Contract Liaison
- Communicate with all parties involved on a regular basis.
- Technical Assistance
- Provide technical assistance including identification of replacement parts.
- Assist on occasion with reactive calls in the area.
- Assist with Small Works projects as required.
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with regard to contracts and within SSL.
- Ensure all forms are completed correctly and submitted to Service Help Desk upon completion.
- Codes of Practice
- Ensure that all works undertaken are compliant in terms of all legislative and statutory codes of practice.
Education / Experience
- Parts identification
- Basic technical fault diagnosis
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Co-ordination with both client and on-site personnel
- Desire to learn and grow in the role
- 2-3 years+ industry experience
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.