|Job Title||VN236- Security Controller|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Reporting to||Security Director|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
This role will be responsible for building and maintaining the security management system, ensuring compliance with all Security and Assurance requirements. For this role you must be eligible to apply for a level of UK National Security Vetting and a British National.
- Create and maintain security culture in line with UK Government Security requirements (and others), being the focal point for all such enquiries.
- Establish and maintenance of all security procedures Sy Ops, ensuring their effectiveness within the business.
- Take ownership and control of the asset register.
- Monitor any changes to facility/company and update security policies accordingly.
- Carry out briefings, toolbox talks & training for staff and contractors with regards to security policies.
- Hold ultimate authority for control of all security and associated accreditations, compliances and activity across the business
- Prepare the business for, and participate in, internal and external audits.
- Undertake all aspects of protectively marked material control, storage and destruction.
- Full responsibility for documenting and maintaining the Security Policy and Risk Management Accreditation document sets.
- Manage contract obligations and associated actions including logging and distributing Security Aspects Letters, policy management and arranging and conducting audits – to include flow-down to contractors where necessary.
- Keep up to date on all relevant legislative changes, technological advances and best practice working closely with the Security Director and all other employees.
- Take full responsibility for the safeguarding of crypto information and supporting IT in delivery of cyber security environment.
- Provide security advice and best practice guidance to the business in respect of site relocations and acquisitions and business continuity planning.
- Assist HR with security vetting on new staff, review, and routine refresher briefings for all employees and prior to overseas travel of existing staff.
- Work with National Security Vetting providers to undertake and manage security vetting above Baseline, where appropriate.
- Support the sales team as and when required in defining an appropriate Information Security response to potential clients.
- Respond to, and manage, security related incidents, taking lead in investigating any security breaches and reporting thereon.
- Responsible for the site physical, local and electronic security environments.
Key skills and Qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Security Policy Framework, and ISO 27001
- 2 – 5 years in a Security Controller position
- Hold current DV level clearance, or be willing to be vetted
- Positive and professional attitude with the ability to work well independently.
- Proactive with the ability to identify process improvement and implement any changes.
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.