|Job Title||VN239- Systems Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Reporting to||National Operations Manager|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Working in collaboration with the sales, service, and commercial functions, you will effectively support a range of projects from inception through to close-out to agreed quality and conform with all regulatory / associated standards. Projects will vary in size and scope so you should be equally comfortable and effective working as lead or part of a larger technical project team.
Our clients come from many varying sectors; high security (government, CNI, utilities etc), police, local government, transport and commercial. You should therefore be prepared to work within all of these market sectors applying the same level of professionalism and technical capability.
Given the size and nature of the clients we support, you will be able to demonstrate enterprise systems and networking knowledge to recognised industry standards & practices.
You will be able to interface with a wide range of people from senior client representatives to suppliers, to other contracting organisations. Our relationships with clients are increasingly direct but we also work through primary contracting partners so you will be at ease with both.
Your main activities will be the review & implementation of the network & systems design including the integration any 3rd party integration planning required.
You will work closely with the Project Manager & Installation teams Design to ensure accurate interpretation and delivery of work packages and agreed programme timescales.
- Assisting the PM and Technical Design Department with deriving the projects final detailed design.
- Assisting the PM with the implementation of Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Assisting the PM with implementing Project planning tasks
- Assisting the PM with implementing Project works
- Assisting the PM with the production of monthly project progress reports
- Compiling and completing project works/commissioning tasks in conjunction with designated subcontractors where necessary.
- Assisting the PM with the implementation of Site Acceptance Tests where necessary
- Assisting the PM in providing training as necessary for the products that have been implemented.
- Producing O&M documentation in conjunction with drawing office staff.
- Assisting the PM with effective Customer communications during the lifetime of the project.
- Undertaking the handover of completed projects to the Service team.
Key personal attributes
- Good social skills with the ability to inspire confidence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possesses a customer focused attitude with a willingness to take ownership of issues.
- Comfortable with frequent changes of workplace and work environments
Qualifications and experience
- Experience in the successful design, integration and testing of complex multi-faceted security systems and the network infrastructure
- Experienced in and current knowledge of Industry Specific and NSI Gold Standards
- Firewalls / Switch / Routers / Cyber Security / VLANS / Spanning Trees / Network monitoring
- MS Servers / VMware / Hyper-V / Azure / Cloud Platforms / SQL Server / AD server
- Proficient in MS Windows / Linux
- Knowledge of Security Industry Enterprise products would be beneficial especially within the integrated systems arena, products such as Synergy, Milestone, CCure & CEM
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary available.
Closing date and CV mailing address
To apply please email with a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is to be confirmed.