|Job Title||VN242- Key Account Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Home Based|
|Travel Requirements||Travel required throughout the UK|
|Reporting to||Commercial Director|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
To retain and grow profitable sales by:
- Engaging with clients to understand their security challenges, to ensure we design, sell and deliver profitable solutions that delight the customer
- Working closely with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure we deliver customer excellence and optimise client retention
- Identifying sales growth opportunities both from our existing client portfolio and by harnessing customer relationships to win business from new customers
- Identifying new markets, new partnerships, new ways to reach existing markets, or new product or service offerings to better meet the needs of existing markets.
- Deliver quarterly and annual sales and margin targets.
- Increased sales, profitability and retention from key account portfolio
- Identify market trends, customer requirements & priorities to support ongoing technology roadmap development.
- Improved market reputation of the business, products and services.
- Understand and effectively communicate Synectics Security value proposition and how this aligns to individual market sectors.
- Understand client engagement models to identify, target and secure long-term profitable contracted, additional and new business
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders regarding new business activities, supplying key stakeholders with all appropriate information to enable client requirements and operational implementation to be realised.
- Develop business growth strategies to maximise sales opportunities in targeted markets and verticals.
- Build a healthy funnel and pipeline to ensure revenue targets are met or exceeded.
- Report on known competitors, decision makers, influencers and our win strategy on each opportunity.
- Identify improvement opportunities to drive improved customer delivery and experience
- Supporting the bid manager in preparing all relevant documentation to support tailored customer proposals
- Liaising with technology and procurement teams to support the provision of tailored customer proposals.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Conduct presentations, talks, seminars or CPD sessions to customers or potentials, as required.
- Recommend changes that you feel are necessary to deliver sales results
- Participate in regular sales meetings and product training sessions.
- Assisting the Sales and Marketing efforts of the Company in any way that may be directed and not covered by the above
- Embrace the sales team culture and work within company procedures/guidelines to meet and deliver the required standards and reporting deadlines.
- SSL Sales and Commercial Team
- Other key stakeholders in SSL, including Project delivery, Service, Technical Design, Procurement & Finance teams
- Existing and potential new customers.
- Existing and potential new suppliers.
- Key PLC stakeholders
Key Competencies & Personal Qualities
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Judgement
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus
- Focus On Results
- Forward Thinking
- Strategic Leadership
- Business Innovation
- Developing Talent
- Technical Knowledge in a Security Environment
Qualifications and experience
- A proven track record of achievement with evidence of significant new business development on a national scale in a solution-based business
- Significant knowledge of the UK Electronic Security market and the competitive landscape in the sectors you operate.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely.
- A proven track record of achievement with evidence of significant new business development on a national scale with a genuine passion to succeed.
- Clear understanding of service offerings, technology and demonstrate innovative ways our solutions can serve customers.
- Performance driven, highly energetic and determined.
- Technically capable, commercially aware with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels.
- High standards of integrity with the ability to change, adapt and grow.
- Innovative, proactive and reliable whilst possessing an investigative nature with an attention to detail.
- Willing to travel extensively and to be present in front of prospective clients.
- Intelligent, analytical, demanding, pragmatic and resilient with the ability to get things done.
- Ability to perform under own initiative as well as working within a strong team culture.
- Capable of working under pressure and managing challenging situations.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to engage with decision makers at every level.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary available.
Closing date and CV mailing address
To apply please email with a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is to be confirmed.