|Job Title||VN271 – Workshop Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The Workshop Engineer shall be responsible for the resolution of technical issues together with system fault diagnosis, re-manufacturing, remedial works, and repair of electronic items returned from customer sites,
Experience in the electronic security industry, specifically CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection systems and possessing the ability to repair at component level is desired.
The post-holder will also possess the skills to advise and direct Service and Installation Engineers with regard to all aspects of technical and remote diagnostics whilst liaising with clients and on-site personnel.
- Take ownership of all parts due into the workshop, held in the workshop and out with manufacturers until repaired and ready for despatch back to site
- Complete remedial works on equipment required for projects and installations
- Processing and ownership RMA’s and adhering to procedures including NSI
- Receiving supplier deliveries and arranging timely investigation of repairs
- Carryout system checks remotely and respond to allocated calls
- Ensure all records are kept up to date including on our internal Solarvista system
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of workshop forms
- Ensure customer, supplier & business communication is maintained to high standard
- Compile both internal and customer reports as part of the Workshop process
- Carry out Service Engineer ladder, harness and calibration tests as per schedule
- Provide Site and Field Engineers with technical advice and assistance, including procurement of parts and technical escalation for Help desk and management alike
- Support repair quotations department with advice on parts and quote options
- Assist with projects & acceptance testing, component set up & system configuration
- Ensure works undertaken are compliant with legislative & statutory codes of practice
- Provide general support with internal issues such as IT and facilities where applicable and as requested by management
- Demonstrate commercial awareness to drive the correct outcome based on cost of repair/replace vs type of contract and customer requirements and speed of delivery
- Take ownership of all parts due into the workshop, held in the workshop and out with manufacturers until repaired and ready for dispatch back to site.
Key personal attributes
- Strong communication skills and ability to assist engineers across multiple technical aspects including verbally and remotely
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good level problem solving abilities and attention to detail
- Willing to work in a fast pace and demanding environment
- Strong co-ordination skills for use with both customers and colleagues
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to undertake technical fault diagnosis and repair
- Capable of electronic repair to component level
- 5+ years of industry experience
- TV, CCTV or Engineering Apprenticeship, ONC or equivalent in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.