|Job Title||VN338 – Field Service Engineer (On-Vehicle)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Location & Travelling
- Base location home address
- Travel to customer sites within Region or outside of region when requested, overnight stays maybe required when travelling long distances
- Expected to travel to Head office in Nottingham occasionally when requested
- To support the Regional Manager/Service Delivery Manager in service activities including installation and fault rectification to ensure the Region is efficient and profitable by meeting customer expectations, within agreed timescales.
- To assist in the training of Field Service Engineers.
- To enhance the reputation of Synectics at every opportunity when interacting with customers, suppliers and internal customers.
- Ensure clear and continuous communication between the field and the regional management.
- Adherence to customer service level agreements.
- Quality reporting to both the regional manager and helpdesk.
- Maintain awareness and adherence to business and customer Health & Safety requirements.
- Continuously improve on the quality of Synectics commitment to customer service and retention by improved technical skills and high standards of quality workmanship as well as best practice in customer handling and communication.
- Adhering to best practice guides.
- Continuous personal development.
- Adhere to all requirements relating to the care of customer / company equipment.
- Responsible for your own stock control.
- Communicate to all internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Adherence to Company and Customers Health and Safety policies.
- Carry out any reasonable requests from the Regional Manager.
- Check emails daily, responding to any received emails in a professional manner.
- Communicate with all Customers/Garage Engineers in a professional manner.
Key personal attributes
- Experience in CCTV or Auto Electricals
- Strong knowledge of DVRs and components
- Excellent communication skills to establish and translate customer requirements
- IT competent
Qualifications and experience
- Electrical qualification – NVQ, BTEC or Apprentice trained (desirable not essential)
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent preferably in English, Maths or Science
- Full UK driving license.
- Knowledge of the bus industry, CCTV or electrical desirable.
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.