|Job Title||VN450 – Business Development Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Nottingham / Home|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
You will form part of a sales and business development function tasked with sourcing new opportunities within our existing and new market verticals. This is a new business role, engaging with clients to understand their security challenges and then convert these needs to project and service revenues. The rewards are there for determined, resilient and hardworking sales professionals looking to develop their career in a fast-paced dynamic organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clearly understand Synectics Security value proposition and how this aligns to individual market sectors.
- Understand client engagement models ensuring you have the best chance of securing new business.
- Responsible for sourcing new clients in new and existing markets, both in service and project revenues.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders regarding new business activities, supplying key stakeholders with all appropriate information to enable client requirements and operational implementation to be realised.
- Develop business development strategies to maximize sales opportunities in targeted markets and verticals.
- Build a healthy funnel and pipeline to ensure revenue targets are met or exceeded.
- Reporting on known competitors, decision makers, influencers, and our win strategy on each opportunity.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Plan the follow-up of major customers and opportunities.
- Make best use of our demonstrable credentials by inviting customers and potentials to relevant existing installations.
- Conduct presentations, talks, seminars or CPD sessions to customers or potentials, as required.
- Recommend any changes, which you feel are necessary to deliver sales results.
- Participate in regular sales meetings and product training sessions.
- Assisting the Sales and Marketing efforts of the Company in any way that may be directed and not covered by the above
- Embrace the sales team culture and work within company procedures/guidelines to meet and deliver the required standards and reporting deadlines.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Strong business development and networking abilities coupled with a genuine passion to succeed.
- Clear and impactful communication and presentation skills.
- Performance driven, highly energetic and determined.
- Technically capable, commercially aware with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels.
- High standards of integrity with the ability to change, adapt and grow.
- Innovative, proactive, and reliable whilst possessing an investigative nature with an attention to detail.
- Willing to travel extensively and to be present in front of prospective clients.
- Intelligent, analytical, demanding and at the same time pragmatic and resilient with the ability to get things done.
- Ability to perform under own initiative as well as working within a strong team culture.
- Capable of working under pressure and managing challenging situations.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to engage with decision makers at every level.
Qualifications & Experience
- A proven track record of achievement with evidence of significant new business development on a national scale in a solution-based business.
- Significant knowledge of the UK Electronic Security market and the competitive landscape in the sectors you operate within.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely.
- A proven track record of achievement with evidence of significant new business development on a national scale.
- Clear understanding of service offerings and technology and demonstrate innovate ways our solutions can serve customers.
- Demonstrable Business Development experience gained within the Electronic Security.
- Outstanding Commercial Acumen.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements within the UK, any successful applicant must produce verification of their eligibility to live and work in the UK. Such verification should be taken in advance of the employment start date and the applicant will be unable to start in their role until this has been received by Synectics Security.
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org