|Job Title||VN491 -Field Service Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Reporting to||Service Contracts Manager|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
About The Role
This role will deal with daily fault requests, PPM duties and OOH’s reactive duties for large scale, high end integrated systems from a broad client base and to look after the daily tasks involved in keeping an important site safe and secure. The potential areas of work and the client demands in the Midlands area will require the successful candidate to obtain a high level of vetting.
The engineering role will require a great deal of flexibility and you will need to demonstrate a ’can do’ attitude and be able to stay away when required. You will become a member of a team of engineers all who work remotely but all can offer guidance and support when required with their strong technical background.
The position is ideal for someone looking for a varied, dynamic role often dealing with large scale systems incorporating new technologies within a demanding customer base. Successful candidate will be expected to work off patch and to spend time away from home.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a reliable, courteous, efficient, and effective service.
- Always maintain a positive image of the company to the customer, through high standards of dress and customer communications.
- At the completion of each service visit close or update the helpdesk with the call status
- Ensure that any company vehicle provided is maintained in good working order.
- Maintain a high level of personal performance demonstrating a willingness to help colleagues.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Adhere to the company’s Management Systems.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Service Manager in delivering a top-class service to the client.
- Assist with the call out rota.
- To provide day to day care, maintenance and repair of the complex Analogue and Digital CCTV Systems on public highways, shopping malls, custodial and general areas.
- To provide day to day care, maintenance, and repair of the functional and managed control rooms.
- To provide day to day care, maintenance, and repair of the multi-site Access Control Systems.
- To be able to support and maintain Perimeter Detection Systems
- To complete a planned preventative maintenance regime.
- Occasional nights away.
- Assist with the call out rota.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Analytical thinker, with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Confident and able to complete documentation.
- Able to multitask and work to tight schedules.
- Good at knowledge sharing
- Keen to develop new skills.
- Good self-discipline skills (organized, reliable, self-starter).
- Flexible approach to working practices and requirements.
- Team player – offers support and knows when to seek help.
- Strong customer and communication skills.
- Good telephone manner that inspires customer confidence.
Qualifications & Experience
- Sound knowledge of CCTV, IT and PID Systems on varying scales.
- Sound knowledge of Access Control systems with Site Mustering
- Sound knowledge of DVR & NVR systems.
- On site repair capability.
- It is desirable to have knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Galaxy Alarms
- Cortech GUI
- CEM Access Control
- Video Matrix Systems
- IP Systems
- Raid Recording
- First line repairs on Gates and Barriers (various)
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements within the UK, any successful applicant must produce verification of their eligibility to live and work in the UK. Such verification should be taken in advance of the employment start date and the applicant will be unable to start in their role until this has been received by Synectics Security.
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to email@example.com