|Job Title||VN492 – Project Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Reporting to||National Operations Manager|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
About The Role
Working in collaboration with the sales, service, and commercial functions, you will effectively manage a range of implementation projects from inception through to close-out to agreed quality, time and cost criteria. Projects will vary in size and scope so you should be equally comfortable and effective working as lead or part of a larger project team.
Our clients come from four distinct sectors: high security (government, CNI, utilities etc), police, local government and commercial. You should therefore be prepared to work within any or all of these markets although you may have built your experience to date primarily in one area. Given the size and nature of the clients we support, you will be able to demonstrate construction industry contracting practices (NEC3/4 /JCT frameworks) and will have strong project planning and resource management skills. Importantly, you will be able to interface with a wide range of people from senior client representatives to suppliers, to other contracting organisations.
Our relationships with clients are increasingly direct but we also work through primary contracting partners so you will be at ease with both. Your main activities will be the management of on-site installation and commissioning engineering resources to achieve the in-scope contracted requirements and the development and maintenance of an agreed schedule of works with the client and other contracting parties.
You will work closely with the Technical Design team to ensure accurate interpretation and delivery of agreed programmes. You will also take responsibility for the preparation of purchase requisitions to procure materials required on-site as well as contracted resource to deliver and complete programmes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of assigned projects to agreed quality, time and cost criteria.
- Management of multiple projects in a matrix organisation environment.
- Lead the assigned project team to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Development and maintenance of project scope definitions, plans and schedules, including the identification of resource requirements.
- Identification and management of project risks (threats and opportunities).
- Management of change – technical and commercial.
- Preparation and delivery of management/progress reports to senior management and clients (as appropriate), to agreed schedules.
- Identification of recover plans in event of adverse project variances to recover project predicted outturn.
- Preparation of purchase requisitions to procure materials for projects managed.
- Providing support to ‘business winning’ team, as required
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing multiple projects in multi-client environments with significant client-facing exposure.
- Experience of ‘mid technology’ companies (SMEs) – experience of security / telecoms / electronics /technology industries advantageous.
- Good grounding in project management principles (i.e. APM Level ’D’, preferred, PMI, PRINCE2 Practitioner) with formal life cycle management experience.
- Excellent commercial awareness – knowledge of JCT/NEC3/4 Contract frameworks advantageous.
- Ability to develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in written, spoken and through presentations.
- “Can do” attitude.
- Demonstrable commitment to developing others to raise the capabilities and performance of the business.
- Good IT skills – proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project as a minimum.
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements within the UK, any successful applicant must produce verification of their eligibility to live and work in the UK. Such verification should be taken in advance of the employment start date and the applicant will be unable to start in their role until this has been received by Synectics Security.
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org