|Job Title||VN502 – Field Service Engineer (On-Vehicle)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Home/North – Leeds, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Sheffield Region|
|Reporting to||Regional Manager|
Before applying for this role, please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
About The Role
This role will deal with daily fault requests, PPM duties and installation activities for a broad client base in the vehicle industry mainly for bus, coach, and rail customers. You will play a key part in delivering a first-class service as you install and maintain our various systems that include vehicle CCTV systems and other driver aid systems.
The engineering role will require a great deal of flexibility and you will need to demonstrate a ’can do’ attitude. You will become a member of a team of engineers all who work remotely but all can offer guidance and support when required with their strong technical background.
The position is ideal for someone that is technically driven and would suit people from a vehicle technology background or other industries that you have been hands on in a technical engineering environment. The role will predominantly be night work and may require some overnight stays. Shift patterns can be agreed at interview stage.
- To support in service activities including installation and fault rectification to ensure the Region is efficient and profitable by meeting customer expectations, within agreed timescales.
- To assist in the training of Field Service Engineers.
- To enhance the reputation of Synectics at every opportunity when interacting with customers, suppliers, and internal customers.
- Ensure clear and continuous communication between the field and the regional management.
Location & Travelling
- Base location home address. Travel to customer sites within region or outside of region when requested. Overnight stays may be required when travelling outside of the region. Expected to travel to our Head Office in Nottingham occasionally when required.
Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, mainly night work due to the nature of the job, hours/days of work to be discussed at interview.
- Adherence to customer service level agreements.
- Quality reporting to both the regional manager and helpdesk.
- Maintain awareness and adherence to business and customer Health & Safety requirements.
- Continuously improve on the quality of Synectics commitment to customer service and retention by improved technical skills and high standards of quality workmanship as well as best practice in customer handling and communication.
- Build relationships with CCTV analysts to improve day to day operation. .
- Adhering to best practice guides.
- Continuous personal development.
- Adhere to all requirements relating to the care of customer / company equipment.
- Responsible for your own stock control.
- Communicate to all internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Adherence to Company and Customers Health and Safety policies.
- Carry out any reasonable requests from the Regional Manager.
- Check emails daily, responding to any received emails in a professional manner.
- Complete PDA reports by 09:00 hrs each morning.
- Communicate with all Customers/Garage Engineers in a professional manner. .
Skills & Qualification
- Experience in CCTV, Auto Electricals or Electronics.
- Desirable: Strong knowledge of DVRs and components.
- Required: Excellent communication skills to establish and translate customer requirements.
- Required: IT competent (basic).
- Desirable: Electrical qualification – NVQ, BTEC or Apprentice trained (desirable not essential).
- Desirable: 5 GCSE’s or equivalent preferably in English, Maths or Science.
- Required: Full UK driving license.
- Required: Relevant Experience.
- Desirable: Knowledge of the bus industry, CCTV or electrical.
Full Training Will Be Provided
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements within the UK, any successful applicant must produce verification of their eligibility to live and work in the UK. Such verification should be taken in advance of the employment start date and the applicant will be unable to start in their role until this has been received by Synectics Security.
Our company values underpin everything we do, and we consistently recognise individuals within our business who demonstrate these behaviours.